What is Chiropractic Treatment for Spine and Extremities?
Chiropractic focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems and the effects of these disorders on a patient’s general health. Chiropractors have broad diagnostic skills and are also trained to recommend therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises, as well as to provide nutritional, dietary and lifestyle counseling to promote optimal wellness, as part of AMW’s multi-disciplinary approach.
How does a chiropractor treat these disorders? A chiropractic physician looks for subluxations or restricted areas of the spine. A subluxation is a misalignment of a vertebral segment that results in improper motion or position affecting nerve impulses between the brain and the body. Your nervous system controls every cell, tissue, organ and system of the body. These nerve impulses travel through your spine. Therefore, spinal misalignments interfere with the proper functioning of the entire body.
Our Approach to Treatment
At Atlantic Medicine & Wellness, our team approach to treatment includes a variety of chiropractic procedures such as:
- Specific spinal adjustments;
- Corrective therapeutic exercises;
- Instrument-assisted manipulation;
- Soft tissue injury treatments (trigger point therapy; manual joint stretching and resistance; instrument-assisted soft tissue therapy; and exercise);
- Life style coaching to modify injury-producing postures and habits
- Low level light therapy (LLLT) or cold laser treatment to decrease swelling and speed up the healing process; and
- VibePlate® or Whole Body Vibration (WBV) used as part of an exercise regimen for vibration therapy, vibration exercise, sports performance, fitness, rehabilitation, anti-aging and improving quality of life.
A chiropractic treatment plan for correcting spine pain typically includes several visits and patients may receive at-home exercises, as well. The goal of treatment is to restore normalcy in the body and eliminate subluxations/misalignments through our various treatment options.
We are here to help
It’s time to find treatment for your spine and extremities. Receive help from our dedicated staff and specialists at Atlantic Medicine & Wellness Center. Contact us today to learn more or call 732-655-6154 to schedule your appointment with one of our NJ chiropractors.