What is Chiropractic Treatment for Muscles and Joints?
Chiropractic care is often thought of as a treatment that fixes back and neck problems. This is true, but chiropractic is also effective for improving the health of muscles and joints. Joints are the point at which one bone connects with another.
When joints move properly, ligaments and muscles perform as they should. However, if there is a problem with a joint, it can cause pain and damage. Muscles and ligaments often shorten or elongate in response to joint problems, which causes toxins to leak into the local tissues and nerves. These actions further increase pain and create an even more dysfunctional environment, which may lead to further degeneration.
Our Approach to Treatment
Atlantic Medicine & Wellness, we examine the health of joints to analyze strength, flexibility, joint mechanics and then we can better determine the cause of pain and discomfort. If the problem is related to joint health, it is usually caused by one of three conditions:
- Physical, when joint pain is caused by an injury, such as a fall or vehicle crash or micro trauma, when joint pain is related to abnormal wear and tear, improper posture, or an injury due to over use or Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI), such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Active Release Techniques are popular and can help relieve physical pains;
- Chemical, such as gastro-intestinal disorders, chemical or hormonal imbalances. Diet can also cause these chemical imbalances by triggering inflammation.
- Clinical Nutrition can help reduce this type of discomfort;
- Emotional or stress, such as joint pain and other problems related to stress.
- Mental Wellness should never go overlooked. It is one of the most important aspects to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Our doctors investigate if the problem stems from ligaments, tendons, muscles, joints nerves, blood supply, etc. It is critically important to a proper diagnosis to identify and isolate exactly what is the cause of the pain or condition. The goal of our treatment is to correct the underlying cause of joint pain and discomfort uniquely for each and every patient, enabling the body to heal and restore normal range of motion
We are here to help
It’s time to find treatment for your muscle and joint discomfort. Receive help from our dedicated staff and specialists at Atlantic Medicine & Wellness Center! Contact us today to learn more or call 732-528-5533 to schedule your appointment with one of our NJ chiropractors.